Hand Sanitiser

Hand Sanitiser

Early in February the Black Shuck Team began investigating the processes and practicalities involved in using its ethanol to make Hand Sanitiser.  Whilst hoping that it would not be necessary to follow up on the investigations, we decided to be prepared and began  sourcing the other essential raw materials and bottles.  At the same time we began applying for the various licences and permissions required by the professional bodies.

By early March it became apparent that there would be a national shortage of Hand Sanitiser not just for the general public but also for key workers including carers, nurses, doctors surgeries, ambulance crews, retail staff, those working with the homeless,        emergency services and so many more.

By the end of March over 2000 x 250ml bottles and 100 x 5 litre containers had been distributed to key workers.  The team decided from the outset that this was not a money making venture but an opporutnity to do something to help the local community.  Hence 75% of the product made is being sold at cost price.  The remaining 25% is being donated to charities and those without the ability to pay.    

Black Shuck Hand Sanisiter has been made in accordance with the WHO recommended formula.  The alcohol content is 80%.  This is the recommended strength for the current conditions.  Please note that Hand Sanitiser will not work well on greasy/dirty hands.

If you are reading this and you are providing a key service in Norfolk and you need hand sanitiser please do get in touch by email info@blackshuckltd.co.uk and we will try to help.  We will be happy to share our Cosmetic Safety Report and the WHO Guide to Hand Sanitiser on request.  We have 250ml bottles, 500ml bottles and 5 litre containers available to order.  

We would remind everyone that washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is still the most prefarable option.  Hand Sanitiser should be used when there is no easy access to soap and water.

#sharethecare #inthistogether

Black Shuck Hand Sanitiser has already been distributed to

Care homes, Care agencies, Private carers, Social workers working with families, Units for children with disabilities, Fire Stations, Coastguards, East Anglian Air Ambulance, Paramedics, Doctors surgeries, Taxi drivers, Banks, Post offices, Retail staff, Schools,        Delivery drivers, MAGPAS, Haulage companies, Police stations, Lifeboat, NHS(various).

20200404_074850